Translation of pier in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (landing place)Example sentences1.2 (with amusements)
(paseo con juegos y atracciones sobre un muelle)Example sentences
- The grounds include a boat shed and pier with river and lake frontages, as well as lawn areas and a number of mature shrubs.
- A safety zone was established around all visiting Navy and foreign ships as they transited to their berths at Manhattan's piers on the Hudson River.
- Here, piers for lake boats delivering coal and oil to wholesale distributors, as well as building materials, were busy for many decades.
- However, visits to arcades on piers or family amusement centres suggest that this form of gambling is no longer conducted within a family environment.
- The shops weren't as good, there were no amusement arcades and no pier or beach.
- The news of the overspend comes as work continues at the shore end of the pier to build a new entrance bridge across the road.
- 2 (Architecture) 2.1 (pillar) 2.2 (section of wall)Example sentences
- The initial solution was the masonry vault, or a barrel-shaped, load-bearing span that supported the floor above, and rested on massive, and expensive, walls and piers.
- Meanwhile the two piers between the windows are equal in width.
- The window piers at Hampton Court are also too narrow to accommodate any of the illustrated tables except Figure 5.
- Various foundation types have been adopted to support the bridge piers and abutments.
- ‘We could have built a conventional multi-span bridge supported by piers for about 20 per cent less,’ he said.
- He said: ‘These were then lifted one at a time into place on top of the supporting piers to form the bridge.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.