noun/nombre (plural -ries)(British English/inglés británico)
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Agric] (farm) granja (feminine) porcina, criadero (masculine) de cerdos or (in Andes, River Plate also/en Andes, Río de la Plata también) de chanchos; (pigsty) pocilga (feminine), chiquero (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (greediness) [colloquial/familiar] glotonería (feminine)
More example sentences
- That said, of course the other area of factory farming is intensive piggeries, and broiler farms.
- Mr Nielsen, who runs a piggery and asparagus farm, claimed he had been unable to harvest 30 per cent of his asparagus, worth $1 million, due to a shortage of pickers.
- Its annoyance results in the reduction of milk and or meat production in dairy, poultry and piggery farms.
- The club secretary remained calm in the face of this assault on male chauvinist piggery.
- Good news on the pedometer - I should probably keep using mine, since I keep lapsing into moments of utter piggery.
- You're oblivious to the piggery of it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.