Translation of pincer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Zoology)Example sentences1.2
also: pincers plural(tool) a pair of pincersunas tenazasuna tenazaExample sentences
- In others, they are intermediate in size and appear to function as pincers or nippers, as in other groups of mammals.
- Besides the salad there were two shelled crab pincers, without any seasoning but still tasty.
- To attract a mate, the male lobster users his pincers to snip off one of the eyes of the girl he fancies.
- They had brought with them a car which they proceeded to cut apart using a large pair of pincers and spreaders.
- I could feel them pulling as if they were trying to separate the skin at the edge of the wound with a pair of pincers.
- The heated billets (short lengths of red hot steel) shoot out of the reheating furnace and are caught by the fettlers, men equipped with large pincers, and fed manually into the mill roll.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.