Translation of pincer in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] pinza (feminine)Example sentences1.2
(pincers plural)(tool) tenazas (feminine plural), tenaza (feminine) a pair of pincers unas tenazas, una tenazaExample sentences
- In others, they are intermediate in size and appear to function as pincers or nippers, as in other groups of mammals.
- Besides the salad there were two shelled crab pincers, without any seasoning but still tasty.
- To attract a mate, the male lobster users his pincers to snip off one of the eyes of the girl he fancies.
- They had brought with them a car which they proceeded to cut apart using a large pair of pincers and spreaders.
- I could feel them pulling as if they were trying to separate the skin at the edge of the wound with a pair of pincers.
- The heated billets (short lengths of red hot steel) shoot out of the reheating furnace and are caught by the fettlers, men equipped with large pincers, and fed manually into the mill roll.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.