- 1.1 countablepine (tree) 1.2 uncountable (wood)(before noun) (furniture)
de pinoExample sentences
- Hollyhock landed in a low branch of a pine tree, and dangled there as she tried to find a way to get down.
- He apparently struck a pine tree on the edge of a wheat field before crashing into the field at a steep angle, LaRoche said.
- Holly leaned back on a pine tree, and thought about their problem.
- estar tristeto pine
forsomethingsuspirarshe was pining to see her family poralgosuspiraba por ver a su familiathe dog was pining for its master
anhelaba ver a su familiael perro echaba muchísimo de menos a su amoExample sentences
- Once this happens, our bodies will no longer crave toxins and my pining for chicken popcorn will fade.
- The first semester was okay, but after Christmas I started to pine for home, wishing I was closer, that I could just be there.
- His children, who are pining for their father, are being cared for by relatives and told that their father is away working hard to raise case to take them to Disneyland Paris.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.