Translation of ping in Spanish:
- sonido (masculine) metálico; (of bullet) silbido (masculine) the bell goes ping when the meal is cooked el timbre suena or [colloquial/familiar] hace tin cuando la comida está listaExample sentences
- The gun's trigger guard cracked with a high-pitched ping, but the sound was pretty much lost in the screaming.
- Beeps, blips and pings are the everyday sounds that we live with, thanks to our push-button gizmos and fast-paced lifestyle.
- It will be interesting now to see, when the oven pings, if the whole confection really is a recipe for success.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [bell] sonar*, hacer* tin [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.