Translation of pinpoint in Spanish:
- 1.1 (determine)(position/aircraft)to pinpoint the causes/origins of the problemlocalizar or (in Latin America also) ubicar con exactitudit's difficult to pinpoint the exact moment when …establecer con exactitud cuáles son las causas/los orígenes del problemaes difícil precisar exactamente en qué momento …Example sentences1.2 (pick out)
- As it turns out, Norm's palate was unfailing, and he had accurately pinpointed the source of his starter.
- So Mum told her about the pages from the phone book found beside each murder victim, seemingly pinpointing the identity of the killer's next target.
- Speaking at the scene, he said new information about the location of the youth's body had been received, pinpointing the two possible spots.
- (before noun) pinpoint accuracypuntito (masculine)precisión (feminine) milimétricaExample sentences
- In the middle of the blackness, there was a tiny pinpoint of light.
- As the woman made to get off the boulder she was perched upon, a tiny pinpoint of yellow light flashed upon the horizon, something which was almost invisible.
- She felt a warm dot on her forehead, like a tiny pinpoint of light.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.