- 1.1 (religious, devout) [person] piadoso pious hopes esperanzas (fpl) infundadasMore example sentences1.2 (sanctimonious, hypocritical) [person] beato, santurrón, pechoño (Chi) they could only offer pious platitudes no dijeron más que perogrulladas de beato
More example sentences
- Now the third important point related to government regulation is the aim of religion education is to develop pious and devout students.
- However, Bosch was an orthodox Christian, a member of the Brotherhood of our Lady, a pious religious confraternity.
- Both feel deeply about nature and religion, and are devotedly pious to church and religion.
- Yes, the new EU constitution has plenty of pious words about ensuring that there should be no unfair state aids and other subsidies.
- Second, in the pious and hypocritical words of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, ‘we live in a country of laws where there can be severe consequences for those who break them.’
- There is enormous hypocrisy surrounding the pious veneration of the Constitution and ‘the rule of law.’
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.