Translation of piquancy in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of situation) gracia (feminine), interés (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of sauce) lo sabroso, lo bien sazonado
- You should be feeling your way towards the level of piquancy you want.
- Notice the purity of the opening, the piquancy of the birdcalls, the unfussy phrasing of the main theme.
- That the latter two were innocent yet still condemned to take a fall adds piquancy to the tale.
- The salsa, which I expected to give the rest of the ingredients a spicy kick up the backside, had no piquancy whatsoever.
- Five splashes of Tabasco were added to each person's plate, increasing the piquancy of the already spicy chili.
- The slightly spicy sauce with the lime butter piquancy certainly paid off with this dish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the