Translation of piquancy in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of situation) gracia (feminine), interés (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of sauce) lo sabroso, lo bien sazonado
- You should be feeling your way towards the level of piquancy you want.
- Notice the purity of the opening, the piquancy of the birdcalls, the unfussy phrasing of the main theme.
- That the latter two were innocent yet still condemned to take a fall adds piquancy to the tale.
- The salsa, which I expected to give the rest of the ingredients a spicy kick up the backside, had no piquancy whatsoever.
- Five splashes of Tabasco were added to each person's plate, increasing the piquancy of the already spicy chili.
- The slightly spicy sauce with the lime butter piquancy certainly paid off with this dish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to