Translation of piquant in Spanish:
- 1.1 [contrast/irony] punzante, agudoExample sentences1.2 [sauce] sabroso, bien sazonado; [taste] pronunciado, fuerte
- Milton Hatoum transports us to a magical boomtown, full of shimmering light, tropical colour and piquant incident.
- It consists of large, wall-painted versions of his witty or piquant statements, realised in a variety of typefaces and colours.
- It may be of piquant interest that The Fourth Wall uses the conceit of a parallel between the heroine and Shaw's Saint Joan, a device currently put to infinitely better use in Lanford Wilson's Book of Days.
- Herbs and spices add a piquant taste that ketchup can't match.
- This cheese usually has tangy, piquant, spicy and peppery flavor.
- I've had this several times before and it has always been superb, a tasty combination of sweet and piquant flavours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas