Translation of pique in Spanish:
- he only said that in a fit of piquelo dijo solo por despechoExample sentences
- So I think senior colleagues made the wrong decision - but I can't say they made the decision in a fit of pique or envy.
- They left two-weeks ago after selling their house in a fit of pique over the fact that their grandchildren were not welcome in the complex's communal backyard.
- The president, apparently in a fit of pique, in October abruptly postpones a long-planned summit with Britain.
- 1.1 (irritate) See examples: he was piqued by her lack of interest1.2 (arouse)se resintió por su falta de interéssu falta de interés lo hirió en su orgullo(curiosity)(interest)Example sentences
- Curiosity piqued my harbored interest and I stole a glance at myself, to see what others saw of me.
- This piques my scientific curiosity and I make a mental note to ask my rather strange-looking hostess about it.
- Even those with only a passing interest in the subject matter should find something to pique their curiosity within.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to