Translation of pique in Spanish:
- he only said that in a fit of piquelo dijo solo por despechoExample sentences
- So I think senior colleagues made the wrong decision - but I can't say they made the decision in a fit of pique or envy.
- They left two-weeks ago after selling their house in a fit of pique over the fact that their grandchildren were not welcome in the complex's communal backyard.
- The president, apparently in a fit of pique, in October abruptly postpones a long-planned summit with Britain.
- 1 (irritate) he was piqued by her lack of interestse resintió por su falta de interés
su falta de interés lo hirió en su orgullo
- 2 (arouse)(curiosity)
- Curiosity piqued my harbored interest and I stole a glance at myself, to see what others saw of me.
- This piques my scientific curiosity and I make a mental note to ask my rather strange-looking hostess about it.
- Even those with only a passing interest in the subject matter should find something to pique their curiosity within.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.