- 1 (for pouring) jarra (f), jarro (m), pichel (m) (Central America/América Central) ; (of clay) (British English/inglés británico) cántaro (masculine) little pitchers have big ears hay moros en la costaMore example sentences
- Carrying a glass pitcher full of dark-brown liquid, with a healthy head of foam on it, he places it and two drinking bowls before us.
- He poured a glass of water from a plastic pitcher and pressed it into my hands.
- I finally found the strength to move, I picked up the cream china pitcher and poured the cool water into the basin and washed my face.
- 2 (in baseball) lanzador, (m,f), pítcher (mf)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.