- (for pouring)(of clay) (British English)little pitchers have big ears
cántaro (masculine)hay moros en la costaExample sentences
- Carrying a glass pitcher full of dark-brown liquid, with a healthy head of foam on it, he places it and two drinking bowls before us.
- He poured a glass of water from a plastic pitcher and pressed it into my hands.
- I finally found the strength to move, I picked up the cream china pitcher and poured the cool water into the basin and washed my face.
- (in baseball)lanzador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
pítcher (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- The catcher has to stay within the box until the pitcher delivers the ball.
- It was a situation in which most pitchers would deliver a fastball to get the first strike.
- All eight patients were competitive baseball players (seven pitchers, one catcher).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.