- bocamina (feminine) (en una mina de carbón) pithead ballotvotación llevada a cabo a la salida de la minaMore example sentences
- Alongside the headgear at the pithead stood the colliery manager's house.
- But the men who labour far below the last remaining pitheads of Yorkshire are not fuelling the power stations any more.
- Gear later said that their genesis probably lay in the towering pitheads, woods and girders of his industrial childhood.
Definition of pithead in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.