- bocamina (feminine) ([ en una mina de carbón ]) pithead ballot[ votación llevada a cabo a la salida de la mina ]More example sentences
- Alongside the headgear at the pithead stood the colliery manager's house.
- But the men who labour far below the last remaining pitheads of Yorkshire are not fuelling the power stations any more.
- Gear later said that their genesis probably lay in the towering pitheads, woods and girders of his industrial childhood.
Definition of pithead in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.