Translation of pivot in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Technology)Example sentences1.2 (of play, plot)
eje (masculine) centralthe pivot of the play is the motherla madre es el eje central de la obra
- The insert requires minimal preventive-maintenance grease at its pivot points and axles.
- By rotating the dial, the pivot point or the fulcrum of the brake lever moves in and out.
- You will see in this drawing there is a pivot and lug mechanism.
la obra gira en torno al personaje de la madreExample sentences1.3
(Sport) (American English) (key player) jugador, (-dora) clave(in basketball) pívot (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- No - she had been the pivot of it all, the centre, the core.
- Saudi Arabia, an absolute monarchy, was a crucial pivot of U.S. policy from the 1970s forward.
- For the U.S., Okinawa is the pivot of its East Asian military presence.
- If Wallace is frequently overpowered by some of the league's more gargantuan pivotmen, guarding Jermaine O'Neal is Big Ben's chance to push around someone else.
- Until injuries abruptly curtailed his career, Willis Reed was a strong, mobile center who could handle brutes like Chamberlain as well as quicker pivotmen.
- Among an ever-improving crop of pivotmen, Duncan is still the most dependable and fundamentally sound.
- As the pivot player makes contact with the floor, he pivots toward the basket, holding the ball high over his head.
- Put the ball down hard on the floor, before you pick up your pivot foot.
- The rear foot becomes the pivot foot, so don't move it if you stop dribbling.
- (Mech) to pivot
onsomething/somebodyhe pivoted on his heel the whole organization pivots on one manla organización entera gira alrededor de un solo hombreExample sentences
- He deliberately pivoted in his swivel chair, as if thinking.
- They can be raised and lowered, rotated and pivoted for the optimal working angle along their 1,575-ft.
- The teacher pivoted around on her heels and hatred contorted her expression.
- The fourth pushchair was bought a few weeks after the third pushchair after we realised that we'd bought the first one without checking the front wheels were pivoted.
- The secret was that both sets of wheels are pivoted in the Fairlie principle.
- When wall-mounted, an optional mounting bracket pivots the handgun out before the door drops down to present the holster-mounted firearm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.