- letrero (masculine), cartel (masculine); (at demonstration) pancarta (feminine)More example sentences
- The article says that his followers already have the placards for the demonstrations printed up and stored for use.
- Students painted their bodies with slogans or carried hand-written placards condemning the drive to war.
- Each person was forced to sign an agreement not to carry placards or banners, shout slogans, or wear clothes with written words of complaint.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (cover) [walls/hoarding] cubrir* de carteles 1.2 (advertise) anunciar ([ con carteles ])
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.