Translation of place-bet in Spanish:
- (in US) (apuesta a un caballo de que llegará en primer or segundo lugar)(in UK) (apuesta a un caballo de que llegará en una de las tres primeras posiciones)Example sentences
- Professionals don't completely eschew the standard win and place bet, but their focus is overwhelmingly on the exotic bets, especially trifectas.
- A race must have five runners or more for you to be able to make a place bet.
- It was a fine day at a lovely little track, a day only slightly marred by the fact that I didn't cash once, not even one teensy little place bet to give me a momentary feeling of winnerness.
- It stands to reason that the most famous place bet in the world was a subject of some confusion in the great motion picture, "The Sting."
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.