Translation of placeholder in Spanish:
- 1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] 1.1 (zero) cero (masculine) a la derechaExample sentences1.2 (symbol) marcador (masculine) de posición
- The use of zero as a placeholder was probably first developed by the Babylonians, possibly as early as 1500 BCE.
- It emphasises the use of zero as a placeholder.
- The HTML files contain placeholders for data that will be substituted in at runtime.
- With the Impress files created, I needed to replace my graphic image placeholders with the actual image.
- But even users of low-end databases can benefit from using placeholders because they ensure strings will be quoted correctly, even if they contain quotation marks or apostrophes.
- 2 (in sentence) [Linguistics/Lingüística] elemento (masculine) gramatical sin significadoExample sentences
- According to this model, readers process text in parallel at several levels of analysis, which mesh the ease of identification with the role of function words as structural placeholders.
- The it in suffice it to say is an impersonal or indefinite pronoun, one that functions as a grammatical placeholder without supplying much real meaning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.