- 1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] 1.1 (zero) cero (masculine) a la derechaMore example sentences1.2 (symbol) marcador (masculine) de posición
More example sentences
- The use of zero as a placeholder was probably first developed by the Babylonians, possibly as early as 1500 BCE.
- It emphasises the use of zero as a placeholder.
- The HTML files contain placeholders for data that will be substituted in at runtime.
- With the Impress files created, I needed to replace my graphic image placeholders with the actual image.
- But even users of low-end databases can benefit from using placeholders because they ensure strings will be quoted correctly, even if they contain quotation marks or apostrophes.
- 2 (in sentence) [Linguistics/Lingüística] elemento (masculine) gramatical sin significadoMore example sentences
- According to this model, readers process text in parallel at several levels of analysis, which mesh the ease of identification with the role of function words as structural placeholders.
- The it in suffice it to say is an impersonal or indefinite pronoun, one that functions as a grammatical placeholder without supplying much real meaning.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.