Translation of plan in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (diagram, map) plano (masculine) to draw up/draw a plan hacer* un planoExample sentences1.2 (of book, essay) esquema (masculine) work out a plan before you begin hazte un esquema antes de empezar
- The point of education is not to give pupils a street plan of their local district but a putative map of the world.
- The plans should incorporate street furniture, paving, lighting and trees.
- Oxford residents have expressed their anger at development plans on St Giles Street and at Keble College.
- You can, in fact, check seating plans through airline websites - if you know how to find them.
- Know the seating plan and etiquette before boarding the company jet.
- Tonight we're chilling after sorting out the seating plan and printing out the place cards for the wedding.
- 2 (arrangement, scheme) plan (masculine) to go according to plan salir* conforme estaba planeado, salir* según el plan there are plans for a building on the site están planeando construir un edificio en el solar do you have any plans for tonight? ¿tienes algún plan or programa para esta noche? we're making plans for the wedding estamos planeando la boda it's not worth making long-term plans no vale la pena hacer planes or planear a largo plazo there's been a change of plan ha habido un cambio de planes plan of action/attack/campaign plan de acción/de ataque/de campaña a five-year plan un plan quinquenal pension plan plan de pensiones or de jubilaciónExample sentences
- This will allow residents to look at detailed plans for the proposals and speak to council officers about how they will be implemented.
- Members are also likely to call for more detailed plans of the other proposed measures, in readiness for public consultation.
- Lancashire County Council offered to help draw up detailed plans using their proposals.
- Elderly residents at two closure-threatened care homes are to get their say in the plans before any final decisions are made.
- Each girl will be formally interviewed by four judges about their interests and future plans before a decision is made.
- Ellen has no plans to retire and hopes to be one of the happy band raising money to support Sue Ryder homes for many years to come.
- 3 (of repayments) [Business/Comercio] plan (masculine) we bought it on an installment plan lo compramos a plazosExample sentences
- In dollar terms, the change in contribution pension plan investment is staggering.
- Some universities use a private pension plan, so your contribution may vary.
- I am in the firm's defined contribution pension plan and contribute the maximum for my age.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-nn-)
- 1.1 [journey/itinerary] planear, programar; [raid/assault] planear; [garden/house] diseñar, proyectar; [economy/strategies] planificar*; [essay] hacer* un esquema de it's all planned out in advance todo está planeado de antemano the visit went ahead as planned la visita se realizó según lo planeado we arrived, as planned, at three o'clock llegamos a las tres, tal y como estaba previsto or planeado 1.2 (intend) I'm planning a trip to Mexico in August pienso ir a México en agosto, tengo planeado or proyectado ir a México en agosto they're planning a surprise for her birthday le están preparando una sorpresa para el cumpleañosto plan to +
infinitive/infinitivowhere are you planning to spend Christmas? ¿dónde tienes planeado or pensado or dónde piensas pasar las Navidades?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-nn-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.