Translation of plan in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (diagram, map) to draw up/draw a planhacer un planoExample sentences1.2 (of book, essay) work out a plan before you begin
hazte un esquema antes de empezarExample sentences
- The point of education is not to give pupils a street plan of their local district but a putative map of the world.
- The plans should incorporate street furniture, paving, lighting and trees.
- Oxford residents have expressed their anger at development plans on St Giles Street and at Keble College.
- You can, in fact, check seating plans through airline websites - if you know how to find them.
- Know the seating plan and etiquette before boarding the company jet.
- Tonight we're chilling after sorting out the seating plan and printing out the place cards for the wedding.
- 2 (arrangement, scheme) to go according to planthere are plans for a building on the sitesalir conforme estaba planeadosalir según el plando you have any plans for tonight?están planeando construir un edificio en el solarwe're making plans for the wedding¿tienes algún plan or programa para esta noche?it's not worth making long-term plansestamos planeando la bodathere's been a change of plan plan of action/attack/campaignno vale la pena hacer planes or planear a largo plazoa five-year plan pension planplan de acción/de ataque/de campañaplan de pensiones or de jubilaciónExample sentences
- This will allow residents to look at detailed plans for the proposals and speak to council officers about how they will be implemented.
- Members are also likely to call for more detailed plans of the other proposed measures, in readiness for public consultation.
- Lancashire County Council offered to help draw up detailed plans using their proposals.
- Elderly residents at two closure-threatened care homes are to get their say in the plans before any final decisions are made.
- Each girl will be formally interviewed by four judges about their interests and future plans before a decision is made.
- Ellen has no plans to retire and hopes to be one of the happy band raising money to support Sue Ryder homes for many years to come.
- 3 (of repayments) (Business) we bought it on an installment planlo compramos a plazosExample sentences
- In dollar terms, the change in contribution pension plan investment is staggering.
- Some universities use a private pension plan, so your contribution may vary.
- I am in the firm's defined contribution pension plan and contribute the maximum for my age.
transitive verb -nn-
- 1.1(raid/assault)(economy/strategies)(essay)it's all planned out in advancehacer un esquema dethe visit went ahead as plannedtodo está planeado de antemanowe arrived, as planned, at three o'clockla visita se realizó según lo planeado1.2 (intend) See examples: I'm planning a trip to Mexico in Augustllegamos a las tres, tal y como estaba previsto or planeadothey're planning a surprise for her birthdaypienso ir a México en agostotengo planeado or proyectado ir a México en agostoto plan to +le están preparando una sorpresa para el cumpleaños
infinitivewhere are you planning to spend Christmas?¿dónde tienes planeado or pensado or dónde piensas pasar las Navidades?Example sentences
- The restaurant is quite a good size but due to popularity it is essential to book in advance if you plan on having dinner there.
- Before you plan a trip, decide whether you'd rather try a wilderness lodge or a guest ranch.
- This is fantastic news if you plan on making a trip to the US this year.
- It is not necessary to have only indigenous plants when planning a xeriscape design.
- We walked for miles here, thinking very thoroughly, talking, taking hundreds of photographs, planning the design.
- I'm planning a couple of design changes to this blog, and rounded corners may well make an appearance in the new version.
intransitive verb -nn-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to