Translation of plank in Spanish:
- 1 (board) tabla (feminine), tablón (masculine) to walk the plank pasear la tabla to be as thick as two short planks (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] no tener* dos dedos de frente [colloquial/familiar], ser* más bruto que un arado [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- As you lay the planks, use a hammer or mallet and a scrap piece of flooring to force the planks tightly together and assure a snug fit.
- Most of the floors are custom-stained Black American walnut 1/2 inch by six-inch planks from Heartland Flooring.
- Use plywood walk boards or wooden planks over the ceiling joists for support.
- 2 (of policy) puntal (masculine)Example sentences
- The SEP's policy to end the war is grounded on the fundamental planks of socialist internationalism.
- He has been crucial to cementing a close alliance with Washington, which has become the central plank of the political and economic strategy of the most powerful sections of the corporate elite.
- In the immediate postwar years he, then Labour foreign minister, was a key figure in the creation of Nato, the central plank of US military strategy during the Cold War.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.