- uncountable and countable (weed)carmel (masculine)Example sentences
- What girl child has not, during the warm summer months of her youth, played in the out of doors making weed soup from plantain leaves, grass, marigolds, any green or blooming thing.
- The composition is punctuated by dramatic rocks, pine, bamboo and flowering prunus, plantain, rose and willow.
- Look out for sudden appearances of weeds such as dandelion and plantain in your lawn.
- (fruit, tree)Example sentences
- The Gabonese produce enough bananas, plantains, sugar, and soap to export to nearby cities, but 90 percent of the food is imported.
- Bananas are typically thought of as a dessert course while the starchy plantains are cooked before eating and are considered a major staple of the tropic countries.
- On the coast, there is great dependence on bananas and green plantains.
- Tree trunks of green banana or plantain stood in ranks, some as tall as me.
- Excerpts from these will inscribed, along with Chinese ghost stories, on the leaves of a plantain palm - a tree said to attract ghosts in China - installed at the Fruitmarket.
- The fungus attacks all major varieties of bananas and plantains, turning the leaves a mottled yellow, brown and black, hindering photosynthesis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.