Translation of plaster in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 [Constr] (powder, mixture) yeso (masculine); (on walls) revoque (masculine), enlucido (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2plaster (of Paris) [Art/Arte] [Medicine/Medicina] yeso (masculine), escayola (feminine) (Spain/España) to have one's leg in plaster tener* la pierna enyesada or (in Spain also/en España también) escayolada to put sb's arm in plaster enyesarle or (in Spain also/en España también) escayolarle el brazo a algn
- This demolition exposed ‘stripes’ of structure throughout the existing plaster walls and ceilings.
- If you are nailing over a lath and plaster ceiling, longer nails may be needed.
- The nature of their decoration, whether by painted plaster on walls or ceilings, or by tessellated and mosaic floors, compares well with that from the countryside.
- Mother had inadvertently used plaster of Paris instead of flour.
- Mix dry plaster of Paris with water until you have a thick, pudding-like consistency.
- I watch her sifting plaster of Paris through her fingers as she sprinkles it slowly onto limp water.
- 2 countable/numerable(sticking plaster)(British English/inglés británico) Band-Aid
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 2.1 (cover) they plastered the wall with posters cubrieron or empapelaron la pared de afiches she plastered herself with make-up se pintarrajeó toda 2.2 (smear) embadurnar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.