Translation of plastic in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (substance) it is made of plastices de plástico(before noun) (chair/cup/bag)plastic card
de plásticotarjeta (feminine) de plásticoplastic mac (British English) plastic money (Finance) [colloquial]dinero (masculine) de plástico [colloquial]Example sentences
- Most plastics, varnishes and packaging foams are made from chemicals derived from petroleum.
- Do not put either glass or plastic in hot water; they may crack, especially if cold.
- Protect your furniture and carpet by laying down plastic, then newspaper.
- 2 uncountable (credit cards) [colloquial]plástico (masculine) [colloquial]let's pay by plastic
tarjetas (feminine plural) de créditopaguemos con tarjetaExample sentences
- Swapping your expensive plastic for a credit card that charges no interest on balance transfers and purchases for up to nine months.
- Check out the fantastic plastic in our Credit Card centre.
- The number of credit and store cards has doubled to 74 million, which means that every adult holds two pieces of credit plastic in his or her wallet.
- 1 (bland, artificial) [pejorative](smile/people)
de plástico [pejorative]Example sentences
- After she broke down in the dressing room, all she could try to do was fake a plastic smile and pray that it will be over soon.
- She looks at me and puts on a plastic smile. ‘Sir, it will take about ten minutes if you don't mind waiting.’
- I know that you've seen his plastic smile on a thousand eager faces before.
- 2 2.1 (malleable) (Technology)Example sentences
Example sentences2.2 (Art) the plastic arts
- Wet into wet, and the use of salt or alcohol in wet paint suggested the plastic foam material from which the noodles are made.
- The process to make the cap includes positioning viscous plastic material in a mold to produce the desired retention member shape.
- This is a thin film that's been coated onto a flexible plastic material backed by a strong glue.
las artes plásticasExample sentences
- In crystalline solids, plastic deformation tends to be confined to crystallographic planes of atoms which have a low resistance to shear.
- Similar dynamics is observed in the plastic deformation of solids, in particular glasses.
- The stress at which plastic deformation or yielding is observed to begin depends on the sensitivity of the strain measurements.
- The topic was also addressed for several day through works of plastic art and performances.
- Four principal types of source pertain to the subject: literature, works of graphic or plastic art, archaeological remains, and notated pieces of music.
- To the ancient Greeks, the body was an object of esthetic contemplation, raised by their plastic art to the loftiest peaks of sublimity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.