Translation of plastic in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (substance) plástico (masculine) it is made of plastic es de plástico (before noun/delante del nombre) [chair/cup/bag] de plástico plastic card tarjeta (feminine) de plástico plastic mac (British English/inglés británico) impermeable (masculine), chubasquero (masculine) plastic money [Finance] [colloquial/familiar] dinero (masculine) de plástico [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (credit cards) [colloquial/familiar] plástico (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], tarjetas (feminine plural) de crédito let's pay by plastic paguemos con tarjeta
- Most plastics, varnishes and packaging foams are made from chemicals derived from petroleum.
- Do not put either glass or plastic in hot water; they may crack, especially if cold.
- Protect your furniture and carpet by laying down plastic, then newspaper.
- Swapping your expensive plastic for a credit card that charges no interest on balance transfers and purchases for up to nine months.
- Check out the fantastic plastic in our Credit Card centre.
- The number of credit and store cards has doubled to 74 million, which means that every adult holds two pieces of credit plastic in his or her wallet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.