Translation of plateau in Spanish:
noun plural -teaus or -teaux Pronunciation: / -z /
- 1.1 (Geography) high plateauExample sentences1.2 (stable level)
she lost 8lbs, then reached a plateauperíodo (masculine) de estancamientoadelgazó 8 libras y se estancóExample sentences
- The Khmer Loeu hill tribes live in remote highland areas in the plateaus and mountainous areas on the edges of Cambodia.
- This soil region is in the foothills of the Appalachian plateau, and topography ranges from nearly level to extremely steep.
- Lowlands, plateaux, foothills, and mountain slopes suitable for viticulture occupy only seven per cent of Tajikistan's area.
- Musically, Brown reached a plateau in the early 1970s when his band, the JBs, patented a muscular, jazzy funk, over which the group's leader could exhort and exclaim.
- For the past 10 years before that, HIV and AIDS rates in Australia were going down, then they reached a plateau and now we've seen sharp rises.
- Women's wellbeing reached a plateau between the ages of 30 and 64, while that of men dipped during the same period, according to the survey.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to