- 1 1.1 (raised structure) plataforma (f); (for orator) estrado (m), tribuna (f); (for band) estrado (m) 1.2 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] andén (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) platform ticket tique(t) (masculine) de (acceso al) andénMore example sentences1.3 (on bus) plataforma (feminine)
More example sentences
- The camera fast tracks along a London train station platform as the passengers disembark and rush toward us.
- A family of drunken louts have been sent to jail for train hooliganism and fighting police on the platform of York Railway Station.
- They land on the platform of the railway station.
- A clumsy addition will detract from its appearance, but a modern glass extension at ground level or a viewing platform at the top could provide an exciting contrast to the stone facade and give you plenty of light.
- The climax of the journey is the viewing platform on the top level.
- You stand on the viewing platform and squint, trying to work out who the guy with the moustache and glasses is.
- 2 [Politics/Política] 2.1 (opportunity to air views) plataforma (f), tribuna (f) 2.2 (program) plataforma (f), programa (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- I also say a big thank you to the people in the Labour Party who accepted this measure as a policy platform at the last election.
- The 1964 platform of the Republican Party did allow tax credits for those burdened by the costs of higher education.
- The Party platform and election policy are the items of faith upon which trade unions and their members commit to work for the election of Labor Governments.
- Under Russia's media laws it is prohibited to give terrorists a platform to voice their views.
- They also provide an employee with an opportunity to clear the air, express opinions about how their own expectations have or have not been met, and provide a platform for them to voice any grievances.
- This new programme will deal with topical issues and news stories of the day and provide a platform for listeners' views.
- 3 3.1 (on shoe) plataforma (feminine) 3.2platform (shoe) zapato (m) de plataforma, topolino (m) (Spain/España)More example sentences
- These leather sandals aren't platforms, but they look so glamorous that I couldn't resist mentioning them.
- And of course, it is only in the world of Miuccia that it's ok to wear stockings with sandal platforms and still look so elegant.
- ‘My name is Tzachi,’ he said with an accent as thick as his platforms.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] plataforma (feminine)More example sentences
- The days of multiple hardware platforms and operating systems working with multiple databases and software configurations within one enterprise are coming to a close.
- We plan to support more hardware platforms and operating systems.
- One aspect of using hardware platforms for enabling software is that it inevitably requires porting of existing software solutions onto the platform.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.