Translation of plating in Spanish:
noun/nombre(no plural/sin plural)
- 1.1 (coating) baño (masculine), (en)chapado (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (casing) coraza (feminine)
- They were gold and bright, like the gold platings you sometimes find on fancy book covers like Bibles or Encyclopedias.
- Vapor phase coatings differ from platings in that it is neigh well impossible to plate aluminum or aluminum alloys from an aqueous bath.
- Under the gold paint was actual gold plating over nickel plating.
- Fabric covered steel plating provides increased ballistic protection in the cockpit and cabin.
- And there on a section of plating on her bow were the letters ‘U’, ‘M’ and ‘E’.
- Along with this there were at least three feet of standard outer plating around the ship that were made of special ceramics that were designed to be proof against the cold and vacuum of space.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.