Translation of plating in Spanish:
noun no plural
- 1.1 (coating)Example sentences1.2 (casing)
- They were gold and bright, like the gold platings you sometimes find on fancy book covers like Bibles or Encyclopedias.
- Vapor phase coatings differ from platings in that it is neigh well impossible to plate aluminum or aluminum alloys from an aqueous bath.
- Under the gold paint was actual gold plating over nickel plating.
- Fabric covered steel plating provides increased ballistic protection in the cockpit and cabin.
- And there on a section of plating on her bow were the letters ‘U’, ‘M’ and ‘E’.
- Along with this there were at least three feet of standard outer plating around the ship that were made of special ceramics that were designed to be proof against the cold and vacuum of space.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.