Translation of plead in Spanish:
- 1.1 (give as excuse) he pleads ignorance of the whole affairalega or aduce no saber nada del asuntoto plead self-defense (Law)alegar legítima defensa or defensa propiashe pleaded a prior engagementalegó tener un compromiso anteriornobody can plead povertynadie puede decir que no le alcanza el dineroExample sentences1.2 (argue) to plead the rights of the oppressed
abogar por or defender los derechos de los oprimidoshe pleaded the cause of the poorabogaba en favor de los pobresto plead the case for somethingabogar en favor de algoto plead somebody's case (Law)llevar el caso de alguiento plead the case for the prosecution (Law)llevar la acusaciónExample sentences
- Britain, pleading her constitutional position, did not sign, though the prince regent expressed personal approval.
- So if the excisable good in question were alleged to be brandy, how would the pleader plead the nature of those goods?
- How can one plead ignorance in the presence of this massive and continuous universal call?
- Now he stands accused of inadequately pleading his position, of mocking the people, and is instructed to try again to seek their approval.
- I have set out the material part of the pleadings because it is of some importance in this case to see how the case was pleaded and presented in the court below.
- My mother particularly thought I'd make a very good barrister, and you know, do I think I could plead a case in court?
- 1.1 (implore, beg) to plead
forsomethingsuplicar algohe pleaded for mercysuplicó misericordiato plead withsomebody to + infinitivesuplicarle a alguienI pleaded with him to come que+ subjunctivele supliqué que vinieraExample sentences1.2 (Law)to plead guilty
declararse culpableto plead not guiltynegar la acusaciónto plead on somebody's behalfrepresentar a alguiento plead for the defendantllevar la defensaExample sentences
- They just dragged Eamon from the bed, threw him all the way down the stairs, lay him on his back and beat him with sticks embedded with huge nails while my parents pleaded with them to leave him alone because of his age.
- ‘The police will create problems for you and us also sir,’ was how a restaurant manager at Dilsukhnagar pleaded with a group of doctors.
- McGraw pleaded with the crowd not to pay their way into yesterday's match, declaring: ‘The only way to make him suffer is by not paying in.’
- A court should only grant a motion for particulars where they are necessary for the moving party to plead and the particulars are not within the knowledge of the moving party.
- Advocacy commonly is defined as pleading on behalf of another.
- In some judicial courts in the early eighteenth century, attorneys had to kneel while university-educated advocates pleaded at the bar.
- I thought you had conceded earlier that as originally framed, it would not have been appropriate to expect the accused to plead guilty to that charge.
- In the adversarial system at the beginning of trial proceedings the court asks the defendant whether he pleads guilty or not guilty.
- I went into court and I pleaded guilty to the charge of common assault.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.