adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1.1 [day/weather/smell/taste] agradable, bueno what a pleasant surprise! ¡qué agradable or grata sorpresa! it makes a pleasant change es un cambio que resulta agradable pleasant dreams! ¡que duermas bien!, ¡felices sueños!More example sentences1.2 (friendly, polite) [person] simpático, agradable; [smile/manner] agradable he's a very pleasant young man es un joven muy agradable try to be pleasant this evening esta noche trata de ser amable
More example sentences
- Was there some other happy or less pleasant episode in her life that she felt she could commemorate?
- Sometimes it seems that we ourselves can cause the enjoyment of pleasant objects.
- Religion sets down rules with the aim of making society a pleasant happy place in which to live.
- A social worker who had worked with Fraser since described her as a lovely and pleasant girl.
- When the most pleasant person you meet on your way in is the ticket inspector, you know things are bad.
- He was, by all accounts an extremely pleasant person and of the highest integrity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.