adj (-er, -est)
- 1.1 [day/weather/smell/taste] agradable, bueno what a pleasant surprise! ¡qué agradable or grata sorpresa! it makes a pleasant change es un cambio que resulta agradable pleasant dreams! ¡que duermas bien!, ¡felices sueños!More example sentences1.2 (friendly, polite) [person] simpático, agradable; [smile/manner] agradable he's a very pleasant young man es un joven muy agradable try to be pleasant this evening esta noche trata de ser amable
More example sentences
- Was there some other happy or less pleasant episode in her life that she felt she could commemorate?
- Sometimes it seems that we ourselves can cause the enjoyment of pleasant objects.
- Religion sets down rules with the aim of making society a pleasant happy place in which to live.
- A social worker who had worked with Fraser since described her as a lovely and pleasant girl.
- When the most pleasant person you meet on your way in is the ticket inspector, you know things are bad.
- He was, by all accounts an extremely pleasant person and of the highest integrity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.