Translation of pleasantry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)countable/numerable
- 1.1 (polite remark) cumplido (masculine), cortesía (feminine) they exchanged the usual (social) pleasantries intercambiaron los cumplidos or las cortesías de rigorExample sentences1.2 (joking remark) gracia (feminine), comentario (masculine) gracioso or jocoso
- And off we both went through the rain, pleasantries exchanged and honour satisfied.
- After the introductions were done they exchanged pleasantries with Caitlyn who answered politely to all of them.
- Johnson attempted to start conversation with some pleasantries but Bill was not very talkative.
- He puts on a spectacle so that the guests presume "the whole matter as a well-contrived pleasantry."
- Pleasantry is allowable, not waggery. Besides, even laughter must be kept in check.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.