Translation of pleasantry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)countable/numerable
- 1.1 (polite remark) cumplido (masculine), cortesía (feminine) they exchanged the usual (social) pleasantries intercambiaron los cumplidos or las cortesías de rigorExample sentences1.2 (joking remark) gracia (feminine), comentario (masculine) gracioso or jocoso
- And off we both went through the rain, pleasantries exchanged and honour satisfied.
- After the introductions were done they exchanged pleasantries with Caitlyn who answered politely to all of them.
- Johnson attempted to start conversation with some pleasantries but Bill was not very talkative.
- He puts on a spectacle so that the guests presume "the whole matter as a well-contrived pleasantry."
- Pleasantry is allowable, not waggery. Besides, even laughter must be kept in check.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.