n (pl -ries)c
- 1.1 (polite remark) cumplido (m), cortesía (f) they exchanged the usual (social) pleasantries intercambiaron los cumplidos or las cortesías de rigorMore example sentences1.2 (joking remark) gracia (f), comentario (m) gracioso or jocoso
More example sentences
- And off we both went through the rain, pleasantries exchanged and honour satisfied.
- After the introductions were done they exchanged pleasantries with Caitlyn who answered politely to all of them.
- Johnson attempted to start conversation with some pleasantries but Bill was not very talkative.
- He puts on a spectacle so that the guests presume "the whole matter as a well-contrived pleasantry."
- Pleasantry is allowable, not waggery. Besides, even laughter must be kept in check.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)