Translation of pleasantry in Spanish:
noun plural -riescountable
- 1.1 (polite remark) they exchanged the usual (social) pleasantriesintercambiaron los cumplidos or las cortesías de rigorExample sentences1.2 (joking remark)
- And off we both went through the rain, pleasantries exchanged and honour satisfied.
- After the introductions were done they exchanged pleasantries with Caitlyn who answered politely to all of them.
- Johnson attempted to start conversation with some pleasantries but Bill was not very talkative.
comentario (masculine) gracioso or jocosoExample sentences
- He puts on a spectacle so that the guests presume "the whole matter as a well-contrived pleasantry."
- Pleasantry is allowable, not waggery. Besides, even laughter must be kept in check.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.