n (plural -ries)countable/numerable
- 1.1 (polite remark) cumplido (masculine), cortesía (feminine) they exchanged the usual (social) pleasantries intercambiaron los cumplidos or las cortesías de rigorMore example sentences1.2 (joking remark) gracia (feminine), comentario (masculine) gracioso or jocoso
More example sentences
- And off we both went through the rain, pleasantries exchanged and honour satisfied.
- After the introductions were done they exchanged pleasantries with Caitlyn who answered politely to all of them.
- Johnson attempted to start conversation with some pleasantries but Bill was not very talkative.
- He puts on a spectacle so that the guests presume "the whole matter as a well-contrived pleasantry."
- Pleasantry is allowable, not waggery. Besides, even laughter must be kept in check.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.