Translation of pleasure in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (happiness, satisfaction) placer (masculine) the pursuit of pleasure la búsqueda del placer it's a pleasure to listen to her es un placer or da gusto escucharla to find o take pleasure in sth disfrutar con algo to take pleasure in hurting others disfrutar or regodearse hiriendo a los demás I get a lot of pleasure out of reading disfruto muchísimo leyendo (before noun/delante del nombre) the pleasure principle [Psychology/Psicología] el principio de placer pleasure seeker hedonista (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (in polite formulas) with pleasure con mucho gusto it is with the greatest pleasure that we … tenemos el gran placer de … thank you — (it's) my pleasure gracias — de nada or no hay de qué, ha sido un placer may I have the pleasure of this dance? ¿me concede esta pieza? I don't believe I've had the pleasure no creo haber tenido el placer or el gusto Mr John Smith requests the pleasure of your company at … John Smith tiene el placer de invitar a Vd a … it gives me great pleasure to introduce … es un placer para mí presentarles …, me es muy grato poder presentarles … it gives me no pleasure to have to tell you this lamento or siento mucho tener que decirte esto
- Perhaps if he had been more concerned with self-advancement he might not have fallen into obscurity - but would he then have produced such happy music for our pleasure?
- Everyone present expressed satisfaction, approval, pleasure and delight at being in attendance.
- There was no uncertainty, no wavering, no hesitation, nor was there any mirth, any pleasure, any satisfaction.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (recreation, amusement) placer (masculine) I play just for pleasure toco solo porque me gusta (before noun/delante del nombre) pleasure craft embarcación (feminine) de recreo pleasure cruise crucero (masculine) de placer pleasure garden parque (masculine) de diversiones or (Spain/España) atracciones pleasure trip viaje (masculine) de placer 2.2 countable/numerable (source of happiness) placer (masculine) she introduced him to the pleasures of good food lo inició en los placeres de la buena mesa Jane is a real pleasure to teach da gusto or es un verdadero placer darle clases a Jane it's a great pleasure having you back estamos encantados de tenerlo una vez más entre nosotros it was a pleasure fue un placerExample sentences
- I resist the view that the pleasures of fiction derive from its purely thought-experimental aspects.
- It is undoubtedly true that the pleasures of smoking are derived from the actions of nicotine on the central nervous system.
- His own interest in food lay in the pleasures to be derived from it.
- Some parts of the building are for entertainment, pleasure, and relaxation; others for work and for meeting outsiders.
- Glasgow has become a place of leisure, pleasure and entertainment.
- There's a problem here, an interesting one if one is concerned about reading as an act of pleasure as opposed to literature as a field of scholarship.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.