Translation of pleasure in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (happiness, satisfaction) the pursuit of pleasurela búsqueda del placerit's a pleasure to listen to heres un placer or da gusto escucharlato find o take pleasure in something to take pleasure in hurting othersdisfrutar or regodearse hiriendo a los demásI get a lot of pleasure out of readingdisfruto muchísimo leyendo(before noun) the pleasure principle (Psychology)el principio de placerpleasure seekerExample sentences1.2 (in polite formulas) with pleasure
con mucho gustoit is with the greatest pleasure that we …tenemos el gran placer de …thank you — (it's) my pleasuregracias — de nada or no hay de qué, ha sido un placermay I have the pleasure of this dance?¿me concede esta pieza?I don't believe I've had the pleasureno creo haber tenido el placer or el gustoMr John Smith requests the pleasure of your company at …John Smith tiene el placer de invitar a Vd a …it gives me great pleasure to introduce …es un placer para mí presentarles …it gives me no pleasure to have to tell you this
- Perhaps if he had been more concerned with self-advancement he might not have fallen into obscurity - but would he then have produced such happy music for our pleasure?
- Everyone present expressed satisfaction, approval, pleasure and delight at being in attendance.
- There was no uncertainty, no wavering, no hesitation, nor was there any mirth, any pleasure, any satisfaction.
me es muy grato poder presentarles …lamento or siento mucho tener que decirte esto
- 2 2.1 uncountable (recreation, amusement) I play just for pleasuretoco solo porque me gusta(before noun) pleasure craftembarcación (feminine) de recreopleasure cruisecrucero (masculine) de placerpleasure gardenparque (masculine) de diversiones or (Spain) atraccionespleasure trip 2.2 countable (source of happiness) she introduced him to the pleasures of good foodlo inició en los placeres de la buena mesaJane is a real pleasure to teachda gusto or es un verdadero placer darle clases a Janeit's a great pleasure having you backestamos encantados de tenerlo una vez más entre nosotrosit was a pleasurefue un placerExample sentences
- I resist the view that the pleasures of fiction derive from its purely thought-experimental aspects.
- It is undoubtedly true that the pleasures of smoking are derived from the actions of nicotine on the central nervous system.
- His own interest in food lay in the pleasures to be derived from it.
- Some parts of the building are for entertainment, pleasure, and relaxation; others for work and for meeting outsiders.
- Glasgow has become a place of leisure, pleasure and entertainment.
- There's a problem here, an interesting one if one is concerned about reading as an act of pleasure as opposed to literature as a field of scholarship.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.