Translation of pleasure in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (happiness, satisfaction) the pursuit of pleasureit's a pleasure to listen to herla búsqueda del placerto find o take pleasure in something to take pleasure in hurting otherses un placer or da gusto escucharlaI get a lot of pleasure out of readingdisfrutar or regodearse hiriendo a los demás(before noun) the pleasure principle (Psychology)disfruto muchísimo leyendopleasure seekerel principio de placerExample sentences1.2 (in polite formulas) See examples: with pleasure
it is with the greatest pleasure that we …con mucho gustothank you — (it's) my pleasuretenemos el gran placer de …may I have the pleasure of this dance?gracias — de nada or no hay de qué, ha sido un placerI don't believe I've had the pleasure¿me concede esta pieza?Mr John Smith requests the pleasure of your company at …no creo haber tenido el placer or el gustoit gives me great pleasure to introduce …John Smith tiene el placer de invitar a Vd a …it gives me no pleasure to have to tell you thises un placer para mí presentarles …me es muy grato poder presentarles …lamento or siento mucho tener que decirte esto
- Perhaps if he had been more concerned with self-advancement he might not have fallen into obscurity - but would he then have produced such happy music for our pleasure?
- Everyone present expressed satisfaction, approval, pleasure and delight at being in attendance.
- There was no uncertainty, no wavering, no hesitation, nor was there any mirth, any pleasure, any satisfaction.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (recreation, amusement) I play just for pleasure(before noun) pleasure crafttoco solo porque me gustapleasure cruiseembarcación (feminine) de recreopleasure gardencrucero (masculine) de placerpleasure trip 2.2 countable (source of happiness) she introduced him to the pleasures of good foodparque (masculine) de diversiones or (Spain) atraccionesJane is a real pleasure to teachlo inició en los placeres de la buena mesait's a great pleasure having you backda gusto or es un verdadero placer darle clases a Janeit was a pleasureestamos encantados de tenerlo una vez más entre nosotrosfue un placerExample sentences
- I resist the view that the pleasures of fiction derive from its purely thought-experimental aspects.
- It is undoubtedly true that the pleasures of smoking are derived from the actions of nicotine on the central nervous system.
- His own interest in food lay in the pleasures to be derived from it.
- Some parts of the building are for entertainment, pleasure, and relaxation; others for work and for meeting outsiders.
- Glasgow has become a place of leisure, pleasure and entertainment.
- There's a problem here, an interesting one if one is concerned about reading as an act of pleasure as opposed to literature as a field of scholarship.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the