Translation of plenary in Spanish:
- 1.1 [session/meeting] plenarioExample sentences1.2 (unlimited) plenary powers plenos poderes (masculine plural) plenary indulgence [Religion/Religión] indulgencia (feminine) plenaria
- The observers will play a full role in their groups, take part in committee meetings and attend plenary sessions without voting rights.
- The plenary meeting met the quorum as it was attended by 31 councillors, or more than two-thirds of the 45 members of the regency council.
- March would have seen the First Minister and Deputy First Minister and executive confirmed by the Assembly with a plenary meeting of the North South Ministerial Council.
- They take as their point of reference the Holy Year of 1300 when Boniface VIII proclaimed the Church's first Jubilee and granted a plenary indulgence to all pilgrims; 200,000 of the faithful came.
- A plenary indulgence may be gained each day up to and including November 8th, by visiting a cemetery and there praying for the holy souls and the Pope's intentions.
- In fact, there was a nice irony in the Pope declaring a plenary indulgence for the millennium year only a few days before the Lutheran / Roman Catholic announcement on justification.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas