Translation of plenary in Spanish:
plenarioExample sentences1.2 (unlimited) plenary powers plenary indulgence (Religion)
- The observers will play a full role in their groups, take part in committee meetings and attend plenary sessions without voting rights.
- The plenary meeting met the quorum as it was attended by 31 councillors, or more than two-thirds of the 45 members of the regency council.
- March would have seen the First Minister and Deputy First Minister and executive confirmed by the Assembly with a plenary meeting of the North South Ministerial Council.
- They take as their point of reference the Holy Year of 1300 when Boniface VIII proclaimed the Church's first Jubilee and granted a plenary indulgence to all pilgrims; 200,000 of the faithful came.
- A plenary indulgence may be gained each day up to and including November 8th, by visiting a cemetery and there praying for the holy souls and the Pope's intentions.
- In fact, there was a nice irony in the Pope declaring a plenary indulgence for the millennium year only a few days before the Lutheran / Roman Catholic announcement on justification.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.