intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-dd-)
- 1.1 (walk) caminar lenta y pesadamente dog-tired, he plodded up the steps rendido de cansancio, subió pesadamente la escalera the film plods along la película se hace lentísimaMore example sentences1.2 (work) she's still plodding away at her thesis sigue lidiando or batallando con la tesis how's work going? — oh, plodding along ¿qué tal el trabajo? — ahí va, tirando or (Latin America except Southern Cone/América Latina excepto Cono Sur) jalando
- I heard their heavy boots slowly plodding across the hardwood floors to the back stairs that led to his room.
- I slowly plodded down the steps of bus.
- She walked all day, plodding down deserted alleyways and running across busy intersections.
- (no plural/sin plural) caminata (feminine)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.