Translation of pluck in Spanish:
- 1 (pull feathers, hair from)(chicken)to pluck one's eyebrows
desplumardepilarse las cejasExample sentences
- He was already plucking the last few feathers and rubbing spices into the carcasses in preparation for cooking.
- The owner of the turkey and the ‘Keeper of the Fowl’ were going to have the bird cleaned and plucked and we were going to have a Turkey Fry.
- He at once began work on the bird, plucking the feathers carefully from its wings and tail and setting them in a pile on the sand, then skinning it with his dagger.
- Undergoing a total transformation by cutting her hair, plucking her eyebrows, and having her teeth capped, Céline was willing to do whatever it took to make her dreams a reality.
- Teen magazines are full of articles on how to lose weight, get the right hair highlights, pluck eyebrows effectively, and so on.
- My eyes are small like my dad's, and my eyebrows have been plucked much thinner than natural.
- 2 (pull, pick)(fruit/flower)to pluck something/somebody
fromsomethingarrancar algo/a alguienhe was plucked from the bosom of his family dealgofue arrancado del seno de su familiato pluck somebody from the jaws of deatharrancar a alguien de las garras de la muerteshe plucked a thorn from my fingerme sacó una espina del dedoExample sentences
- And boy, Steve reached down today and plucked it just like picking a flower.
- She reached over and plucked a small grass blade from his hair.
- She stammered, quickly plucking her favorite perfume off of her dresser and spraying some on.
- Riga grinned proudly and plucked at the sleeve of his shirt aimlessly.
- I plucked at the sleeve of the jacket Roop had given me, trying to think of a change in conversation.
- Morgan plucked at his sleeve and they both sat down silently on the other bed.
- 3 (Music)(string/guitar)
- I sat with the lute in my lap, trying to reach for forgotten notes as my fingers plucked the strings.
- I watched her fingers pluck the strings gracefully, feeling her courage getting greater with the song.
- She started strumming, and plucking the strings, and finally singing.
- [colloquial] it takes real pluck to …hace falta valor or hay que tener coraje para …Example sentences
- And when I was here a few weeks ago, I met with a number of those families, and I was impressed by their pluck, their spirit.
- At 73 June sings those lyrics with the same determined pluck as she did at 9, revealing an artist whose hopefulness proved as solid and indefatigable as her voice.
- Admiring her pluck and determination Clint reluctantly takes her on and a fascinating relationship of substitute father and daughter emerges.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.