Translation of plummet in Spanish:
caer en picada or (Spain) en picado(prices/income)plummeting attendance forced many theaters to close
caer en picada or (Spain) en picado
irse a piqueel brusco descenso de público obligó a cerrar a muchos teatrosExample sentences
- If he fell, he would plummet 60 feet straight down onto the jumble of boulders strewn at the base.
- Without warning, he dropped straight down, plummeting toward the ground far below.
- Requiring nerves of steel, speed sky diving involves plummeting from a plane at more than 300 mph.
- The sale was abruptly halted, the value of the painting plummeted and the they decided to sue.
- She said she knew of people whose property values had plummeted, and others who had been deterred from moving to the area as a result of the threat.
- She said the value of houses has plummeted so low landlords are able to buy property at rock bottom cost and then rent them out for profit.
- 1 (Construction)Example sentences
- With a heavy plummet, I plumb the depth and set the float so that about half the float's length is protruding above the surface.
- All we are going to do is put a plummet on and lower it in, tight to the margins, turn sideways to drop it right in at the edge of the vegetation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.