Translation of plunder in Spanish:
- 1.1 (steal from)(village)
saquear(literature/somebody's ideas)they plundered the pyramid of most of its treasures
plagiardespojaron la pirámide de la mayor parte de sus tesorosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (steal)
- One old man, probably the leader of a village plundered by the bandits, stepped forward.
- His left-wing militias also plundered small farmers in the nation's countryside and hinterland provinces.
- Over the next three months he systematically plundered the place, keeping the Dutch flag flying to lure more ships into harbour.
- It was, however, a highly popular book throughout the 17th century, and its plot material was frequently plundered by dramatists.
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that a popular novel must be plundered for source material for other media.
- All the while we, watch as others plunder our science.
- The goods were plundered from European lodges.
- When it was over, the victors triumphantly plundered the goods of their fallen foe, collecting the weapons and trinkets from the bodies of the fallen.
- Openly riding their horses in gangs of several dozen, at night they set fires, brandish [their] weapons, and plunder residents' goods.
- 1.1 (objects) he escaped with his plunderse escapó con el botín1.2 (action)Example sentences
- The six-day exhibition traces the ugly shades of terrorism unleashed in the Valley and the resulting plunder, loot, arson and rape that has accompanied it all these years.
- He is being investigated in connection with a series of criminal charges ranging from bribery to economic plunder.
- The invasion was accompanied by the slaughter of thousands of Moslems and Jews, and by the sacking and plunder of their property, which caused poverty and hunger.
- The church is not built on layer upon layer of cultural and intellectual plunder.
- However, he or the proposed National Security Council would act only if the prime minister was not functioning well and the country returned to the pre-1999 days of loot and plunder by people in power.
- The plunder included its people, young men and women, sold into slavery to develop new nations of the West.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.