Translation of plunger in Spanish:
- 1 (for unblocking drain)desatascador (masculine)
chupona (feminine) (Spain)
destapador (masculine) (de caño) (Mexico)
sopapa (feminine) (Río de la Plata)
sopapo (masculine) (Chile)
chupa (feminine) (Colombia)
goma (feminine) (Venezuela)Example sentences
- Take a suction cup plunger and pump it up and down directly over the clogged drain.
- Force as much water as possible out of traps with a plunger.
- Insert the plunger at an angle so no air is trapped under the cup.
- 2 (piston) (before noun) plunger pumpbomba (feminine) de émbolo or pistónExample sentences
- Invert the syringe (point tip upwards) and slowly press the plunger to a level that pushed out any large air bubbles that may be present.
- I could instantly see how the tea was progressing, and the plunger kept the leaves out of the way until the pot was drained.
- I may have to invest in a small coffee plunger, so I can froth my own milk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.