Translation of plunger in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for unblocking drain) desatascador (masculine), chupona (feminine) (Spain/España) , destapador (masculine) (de caño) (Mexico/México) , sopapa (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , sopapo (masculine) (Chile) , chupa (feminine) (Colombia) , goma (feminine) (Venezuela)Example sentences1.2 (piston) émbolo (masculine), pistón (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) plunger pump bomba (feminine) de émbolo or pistón
Example sentences1.3 (in syringe) émbolo (masculine)
- Take a suction cup plunger and pump it up and down directly over the clogged drain.
- Force as much water as possible out of traps with a plunger.
- Insert the plunger at an angle so no air is trapped under the cup.
- Invert the syringe (point tip upwards) and slowly press the plunger to a level that pushed out any large air bubbles that may be present.
- I could instantly see how the tea was progressing, and the plunger kept the leaves out of the way until the pot was drained.
- I may have to invest in a small coffee plunger, so I can froth my own milk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.