- 1.1 (for unblocking drain) desatascador (m), chupona (f) (Esp) , destapador (m) (de caño) (Méx) , sopapa (f) (RPl) , sopapo (m) (Chi) , chupa (f) (Col) , goma (f) (Ven)More example sentences1.2 (piston) émbolo (m), pistón (m) (before n) plunger pump bomba (f) de émbolo or pistón
More example sentences1.3 (in syringe) émbolo (m)
- Take a suction cup plunger and pump it up and down directly over the clogged drain.
- Force as much water as possible out of traps with a plunger.
- Insert the plunger at an angle so no air is trapped under the cup.
- Invert the syringe (point tip upwards) and slowly press the plunger to a level that pushed out any large air bubbles that may be present.
- I could instantly see how the tea was progressing, and the plunger kept the leaves out of the way until the pot was drained.
- I may have to invest in a small coffee plunger, so I can froth my own milk.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.