Translation of pluralize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] pluralizar*, poner* en pluralExample sentences
- My biggest beef, though, is with the erroneous use of apostrophes to pluralize acronyms and abbreviations like CEOs, GIs, and CDs.
- If the compound is pluralized, the plural morpheme attaches only to the second element, not to the first, or to both: girl-friends, * girls-friends, * girls-friend.
- They certainly never learned how to pluralize nouns ending in ‘y.’
- 2 [society/culture] pluralizar*Example sentences
- In recent years, Australian society has differentiated and pluralised.
- So preparation is a behavior whose first motion instantly pluralizes itself.
- Contemporary Western feminist theory in the 1980s moved beyond the dialogues that sought to differentiate feminisms from each other and instead began to articulate a more pluralized notion of feminism at its core.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the