Translation of pocket money in Spanish:
- 1 (spending money)dinero (masculine) para gastos personalesExample sentences
- As for asylum seekers on two thirds benefit, this sum is more pocket money than most can expect.
- At that time, admission to the museum cost 10 cents, but he has only had a tiny amount of pocket money to spend.
- But here are some full-time students who make the most of their spare time by earning pocket money to meet their sundry expenses.
- 2 (for children) (British English)dinero (masculine) de bolsillo
≈ mesada (feminine) (Latin America)
domingo (masculine) (Mexico)
propina (feminine) (Peru)Example sentences
- When I was but a young boy I saved up my pocket money to buy all my own decorations for my room, creating in essence my own personal grotto.
- It was at this stage that he became interested in astronomy and saved his pocket money to buy himself materials such as lens from which he could construct a telescope.
- The average weekly sum for pocket money from parents is now £1.87.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.