- 1.1 (on face, body) (marca (feminine) de) viruela (feminine) her face was covered with pockmarks tenía la cara picada de viruela(s)More example sentences1.2 (pit, hole) agujero (masculine), hoyo (masculine)
More example sentences
- His wrinkly old skin held pockmarks and warts and scabs, and he had a large crooked nose.
- ‘Even without scratching spots on the face can leave the familiar pockmark scars,’ she said.
- Scabs, blemishes, and pockmarks pervaded the rest of his face.
- There were shrapnel pockmarks from bow to stern, and the main living area was just one enormous cavity of burnt wood, twisted metal and torn cables.
- I'm talking about wear and tear - just faint pockmarks - within the track area.
- The surface was covered with the tiny pockmarks of meteor strikes.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.