- 1.1 (Botany) (of peas, beans)Example sentences1.2 (Aerospace, Aviation)
- Late in the season, just as the seedpods begin to split, open a pod and gather the seeds.
- After 48 days of growth, the number of flowers, buds, and seed pods on each plant was counted as a measure of the total flower number.
- Your aim is to allow the rosellas to simmer away gently, so that the flesh separates from the green seedpods without splitting the pods open and releasing the tiny white seeds inside.
- The unique fuselage pod had additional, if cramped, space for paratroopers, stretchers or freight.
- Its 1,700-pound useful load allows for storage inside the spacious cabin or underneath the fuselage in a cargo pod.
- At 5: 00 p.m. two life rafts are inflated on the bow, and the aircraft drops a rescue pod.
transitive verb -dd-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to