Translation of podium in Spanish:
- 1.1 (platform) estrado (masculine), podio (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (for column) podio (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (lectern) (American English/inglés norteamericano) atril (masculine)
- A seemingly proud Hilary Modeste stood at the podium to deliver his speech for the evening.
- One needs only to imagine the American professor standing at the podium before a Muslim audience.
- Change does not come from above: it's not the result of speeches from podiums - it's the outcome of the way people conduct their lives.
- With the exception of the lowest level - where the concrete forms a stepped podium for the building - it is clad with metal and glass.
- In the foreground there were screens of columns standing on a projecting podium and supporting an entablature.
- We ended up building on a podium on the west side.
- There was a desk, some chairs, a podium, and a screen on the back wall.
- Stepping aside to allow the president through, Cindy Collins took her seat in a folding chair behind the podium.
- The hostess nodded and motioned for them to follow her, moving from the podium, past two tables of diners and to a small two person table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.