Translation of podium in Spanish:
- 1.1 (platform) estrado (masculine), podio (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (for column) podio (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (lectern) (American English/inglés norteamericano) atril (masculine)
- A seemingly proud Hilary Modeste stood at the podium to deliver his speech for the evening.
- One needs only to imagine the American professor standing at the podium before a Muslim audience.
- Change does not come from above: it's not the result of speeches from podiums - it's the outcome of the way people conduct their lives.
- With the exception of the lowest level - where the concrete forms a stepped podium for the building - it is clad with metal and glass.
- In the foreground there were screens of columns standing on a projecting podium and supporting an entablature.
- We ended up building on a podium on the west side.
- There was a desk, some chairs, a podium, and a screen on the back wall.
- Stepping aside to allow the president through, Cindy Collins took her seat in a folding chair behind the podium.
- The hostess nodded and motioned for them to follow her, moving from the podium, past two tables of diners and to a small two person table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.