- 1.1 (platform) estrado (masculine), podio (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (for column) podio (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (lectern) (American English/inglés norteamericano) atril (masculine)
- A seemingly proud Hilary Modeste stood at the podium to deliver his speech for the evening.
- One needs only to imagine the American professor standing at the podium before a Muslim audience.
- Change does not come from above: it's not the result of speeches from podiums - it's the outcome of the way people conduct their lives.
More example sentences
- With the exception of the lowest level - where the concrete forms a stepped podium for the building - it is clad with metal and glass.
- In the foreground there were screens of columns standing on a projecting podium and supporting an entablature.
- We ended up building on a podium on the west side.
- There was a desk, some chairs, a podium, and a screen on the back wall.
- Stepping aside to allow the president through, Cindy Collins took her seat in a folding chair behind the podium.
- The hostess nodded and motioned for them to follow her, moving from the podium, past two tables of diners and to a small two person table.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.