Translation of poetry in Spanish:
- 1.1 (poems) poesía (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [book] de poesía(s) or poemas poetry reading recital (masculine) de poesíaExample sentences1.2 (beauty) [literary/literario] poesía (feminine) [literary/literario] she was poetry in motion era pura poesía
- Drama, literature, and poetry all work out ideas of standards of behaviour and their consequences.
- Because he did not have any formal education in art, his aesthetic ideas derived from poetry and literature.
- I was brought up with the idea that poetry should rhyme; shape poems and the like were unheard of.
- To some it's as mundane as plumbing, but to me the connection of A to B is pure poetry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.