- 1.1 (poems) poesía (f); (before n) [book] de poesía(s) or poemas poetry reading recital (m) de poesíaMore example sentences1.2 (beauty) [literario/literary] poesía (f) [literario/literary] she was poetry in motion [set phrase] era pura poesía
More example sentences
- Drama, literature, and poetry all work out ideas of standards of behaviour and their consequences.
- Because he did not have any formal education in art, his aesthetic ideas derived from poetry and literature.
- I was brought up with the idea that poetry should rhyme; shape poems and the like were unheard of.
- To some it's as mundane as plumbing, but to me the connection of A to B is pure poetry.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...