Translation of pointer in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on dial, gage) 1.2 (rod)Example sentences
- The expanding diaphragm moves the pointer across a scale calibrated in feet above sea level.
- They can see how far they have moved the pointer as they go through the journey.
- Similarly if the box becomes lighter then the spring will lift the box up and the pointer will move up the scale.
- 2 2.1 (clue, signal) pointer
tosomethingindicador (masculine)2.2 (tip) dealgoExample sentences
- Only he's probably going to need some pointers on where all the pieces go.
- The inspectors have commended us for those efforts and have given us a couple of useful pointers on how to continue our improvements and we are already taking action on those.
- From a relatively old article (at least in terms of webloggia's attention-span) comes some pointers on improving design through simplicity.
- Dora Carrington was well beaten by Miranda in the Heinz 57 but perhaps that winner is very special indeed and if she runs on Sunday it will be an interesting pointer to the future claims of the Ballydoyle colt.
- Both as a pointer to the future and as a spectacle in its own right, the Championships have produced a quality of football that had at least one viewer occasionally leaping from his armchair to applaud the action.
- Manningham Mills is a grand old reminder of Bradford's historic industrial past, but with the hard work of all involved it could and should be a pointer to a bright future for the city.
- 3 (dog)Example sentences
- Ann Jones takes a selection of gun dogs including springer spaniels, german pointers and Labradors for a stroll during the fair.
- If there was one, it would be a dog, probably a pointer or a collie, and it would be trained so well it would probably die on command.
- She said she had bred pointers and kept budgerigars and fancied something different.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.