Translation of poise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bearing) porte (masculine), elegancia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (composure) desenvoltura (feminine), aplomo (masculine)
- And now I knew the names of most of the foods set before me, spoke with elegance and poise, danced with grace, and could even say a few words in French and Italian!
- Despite this, she was a ballet dancer who had the grace, poise, and elegance of an angel.
- The prayer is nothing but an expression of these manifestations and, with graceful poise, combines all of them.
- By their physiques, thankfully the majority retain poise and dignity.
- He descended to raucous and tasteless personal attacks on the Gandhis and generally showed little dignity, poise or gravitas.
- I think the family has shown remarkable dignity and poise throughout this entire ordeal.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.