Translation of poise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bearing) porte (masculine), elegancia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (composure) desenvoltura (feminine), aplomo (masculine)
- And now I knew the names of most of the foods set before me, spoke with elegance and poise, danced with grace, and could even say a few words in French and Italian!
- Despite this, she was a ballet dancer who had the grace, poise, and elegance of an angel.
- The prayer is nothing but an expression of these manifestations and, with graceful poise, combines all of them.
- By their physiques, thankfully the majority retain poise and dignity.
- He descended to raucous and tasteless personal attacks on the Gandhis and generally showed little dignity, poise or gravitas.
- I think the family has shown remarkable dignity and poise throughout this entire ordeal.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the