Translation of poise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bearing)Example sentences1.2 (composure)
- And now I knew the names of most of the foods set before me, spoke with elegance and poise, danced with grace, and could even say a few words in French and Italian!
- Despite this, she was a ballet dancer who had the grace, poise, and elegance of an angel.
- The prayer is nothing but an expression of these manifestations and, with graceful poise, combines all of them.
- By their physiques, thankfully the majority retain poise and dignity.
- He descended to raucous and tasteless personal attacks on the Gandhis and generally showed little dignity, poise or gravitas.
- I think the family has shown remarkable dignity and poise throughout this entire ordeal.
- to poise oneselfshe poised herself to jumpse colocó en disposición de saltarse preparó para saltarExample sentences
- ‘We are at your service, madam,’ he said, poising his fingertips together above his stomach.
- Yet, as we all know, popular art would be nowhere without the perpetual, inconclusive drama of crossing the line - poising at the edge of the abyss, sometimes pulling back, sometimes falling in.
- ‘Coming,’ I replied, poising myself at the edge of the stack.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to