Translation of polenta in Spanish:
- 1.1 (flour) harina (feminine) de maízExample sentences1.2 (dough) polenta (feminine)
- Many of these have their own specific names, such as frumenty, made from wheat; tsampa, made from barley; polenta, made from maize; congee, from rice.
- This local ingredient even found its way as far as Europe in the form of Italian polenta.
- While you can certainly choose to buy Italian polenta at a specialty store, you can use any finely ground cornmeal - and stone-ground, organic cornmeal is a good choice.
- Toss on a little salt after roasting and add to pasta, polenta, pizza and omelets.
- T shivered theatrically and chose risotto with asparagus, clams and octopus carpaccio to start, followed by rump steak and polenta.
- Grilled polenta with sautéed wild mushrooms in a spicy artichoke ragoût is better.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.