n (pl -cies)
- 1 u c 1.1 [Pol] política (f) economic/foreign policy política económica/exterior they adopted a policy of neutrality adoptaron una política de neutralidad it is government policy to reduce inflation la reducción de la inflación es una de las directrices de la política gubernamentalpolicy
onsth their policy on education su política en materia de educación or en cuanto a educación this government has no policy on wages este gobierno no tiene una política salarial or de salarios (before n) policy decision decisión (f) de política or de estrategia policy document documento (m) normativo policy statement declaración (f) de políticaMore example sentences1.2 (standard practice, plan) [Busn] política (f) investment policy política de inversión her policy is to ignore him su táctica es no hacerle ni caso it is good/bad policy es/no es recomendable I always ask her first as a matter of policy tengo por norma preguntarle primero a ellapolicy
- Its real failure was that it adopted the policies that you now propose for the SEP.
- The Commissioners meet once a week to develop and adopt proposals on new policies and legislation.
- As a whole this group has failed to propose an active policy for the working class.
onsth company policy on advertising la política de la compañía or la línea que sigue la compañía en materia de publicidad
- 2 c(insurance policy)(contract) seguro (m); (document) póliza (f) de seguros he took out a new policy se hizo un nuevo seguroMore example sentences
- It must also be borne in mind that the insurer was aware of the terms of the dredging contract when the policy was issued.
- If the driver was covered by a policy of insurance there would usually be no need for such an action.
- You can buy policies from your mortgage provider, bank, and an insurance broker.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.