Translation of polished in Spanish:
- 1.1 (shiny) [metal/marble] pulido, bruñido; [wood] brillante, lustrado (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) the silverware was highly polished la plata estaba brillantísimaExample sentences1.2 (refined) [manners/accent] refinado, elegante; [performance/translation] pulido he is a polished actor es un consumado actor the school play was a polished production la obra del colegio resultó muy pulida or lograda
- In the center of the room there was a little coffee table, polished to a brilliant shine, and a couch, with two large armchairs.
- The prince had been sitting at the polished mahogany table, practising his algebra after repeated reminders from his tutor.
- A sigh echoed through the room as two legs perched upon the surface of the polished mahogany table, its base cluttered with piles of untouched papers.
- Expect a polished and accomplished performance from a man dedicated to his music.
- Their performances were polished, with superb harmonies and flawless production.
- He and his band had obviously spent a long time rehearsing, and the result was an immaculately arranged, perfectly executed and polished performance.
- The highly polished, refined and sophisticated villain of this film, enacted by him, brought accolades to Devan.
- Really - because she's elegant and she's romantic and sophisticated and polished, and she loves fashion.
- Let us discuss and debate, but in a refined manner and polished language please!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.