Translation of polished in Spanish:
- 1 (shiny)(wood)the silverware was highly polished
lustrado (esp Latin America)la plata estaba brillantísimaExample sentences
- In the center of the room there was a little coffee table, polished to a brilliant shine, and a couch, with two large armchairs.
- The prince had been sitting at the polished mahogany table, practising his algebra after repeated reminders from his tutor.
- A sigh echoed through the room as two legs perched upon the surface of the polished mahogany table, its base cluttered with piles of untouched papers.
- 2 (refined)(performance/translation)he is a polished actor
pulidoes un consumado actorthe school play was a polished productionla obra del colegio resultó muy pulida or logradaExample sentences
- Expect a polished and accomplished performance from a man dedicated to his music.
- Their performances were polished, with superb harmonies and flawless production.
- He and his band had obviously spent a long time rehearsing, and the result was an immaculately arranged, perfectly executed and polished performance.
- The highly polished, refined and sophisticated villain of this film, enacted by him, brought accolades to Devan.
- Really - because she's elegant and she's romantic and sophisticated and polished, and she loves fashion.
- Let us discuss and debate, but in a refined manner and polished language please!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.