Translation of political in Spanish:
- [correspondent/prisoner/editor] político this strike is clearly political es obvio que esta huelga obedece a motivos políticos I'm not very political, I'm not a political animal no me interesa mucho la políticaExample sentences
- An egalitarian democratic ideal extends beyond public affairs and the political sphere.
- He was a valuable board member with in depth knowledge of New Zealand economic and political affairs.
- But in my experience, political and economic affairs tend to be a lot more complex than that.
- Scotland's rebel MSPTommy Sheridan faces a second prison sentence for standing up for his political beliefs.
- Her political beliefs had been bolstered by her religious faith and she saw the emergence of a democratic society as a proper salvation.
- One can never know precisely how personal experience motivates political values.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.