Translation of poll in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (ballot) to take a poll on somethingsometer algo a votaciónhe criticized the conduct of the pollcriticó la forma en que se había llevado a cabo la votaciónExample sentences1.2 (number of votes cast) there has been a particularly low/heavy poll
pocos/muchos electores han acudido a las urnasthere was a 62% pollla participación electoral fue de un 62%the poll for the candidate was 18,731 (British English)el cómputo de votos para el candidato fue de 18.7311.3also: opinion poll
- Weeks of political campaigning comes to an end today as voters across the country go to the polls in the general election.
- Such a defeat would further damage its chances of maintaining power at a national level when Indians go to the polls for general elections due by 2004.
- As Australia prepares to go to the polls for a general election on Saturday, Howard continues to defend his government's tough stance on asylum seekers.
- 1 (Politics) (votes) (obtain)(cast) emitirthe Democratic candidate polled 88,052 votesel candidato demócrata obtuvo 88.052 votosExample sentences
- Some of the advisers who are polled for their opinions use sentiment indicators when forecasting.
- This year, nearly 11,000 business leaders were polled in a record 117 economies worldwide.
- A random sample of 2,646 people across all regions of England, including the capital, was polled by Opinion Research Business.
- Despite all this, Jack McCann gained the most votes, polling an impressive 22,000.
- The vice president who polls the most votes may not necessarily get picked as the next deputy PM.
- Keira has always been safe Labor, but last state election Martin did get a pretty sizeable chunk of the vote - he polled a fairly close second to Campbell, and should have given them a scare.
- 4 (Computing)Example sentences
- Old and crude methods for this required the software to poll the device continuously for status and changes.
- A management system identifies conditions on the network by periodically polling the network devices or in response to a message from a network device.
- With serialized devices it should be possible to poll every compromised device on the Net just like using a traffic camera to catch drivers who run red lights.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.