Translation of pollute in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Ecology/Ecología] contaminar to become polluted contaminarseExample sentences1.2 (corrupt) [formal] [mind/justice] corromper
- The same giant livestock facilities that pollute our air and water are also the perfect breeding grounds for super-tough microbes.
- Intensive use of pesticides and fertilizers seriously pollutes our water, soil, and air.
- A factory polluting your air or water supply is a typical example of one.
- Yet corruption pollutes society by lowering the authority of public office, and it lowers economic efficiency by destroying the principle of fair competition and imposes unnecessary costs on the private sector.
- On the other hand, his ability to corrupt and pollute the moral atmosphere of the earth, should he pervert his way, is greater than anyone else's.
- The condemned is reduced to a body to be kept and then eliminated in a ‘ritual expulsion of that which pollutes and defiles’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.