transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Ecology/Ecología] contaminar to become polluted contaminarseMore example sentences1.2 (corrupt) [formal] [mind/justice] corromper
More example sentences
- The same giant livestock facilities that pollute our air and water are also the perfect breeding grounds for super-tough microbes.
- Intensive use of pesticides and fertilizers seriously pollutes our water, soil, and air.
- A factory polluting your air or water supply is a typical example of one.
- Yet corruption pollutes society by lowering the authority of public office, and it lowers economic efficiency by destroying the principle of fair competition and imposes unnecessary costs on the private sector.
- On the other hand, his ability to corrupt and pollute the moral atmosphere of the earth, should he pervert his way, is greater than anyone else's.
- The condemned is reduced to a body to be kept and then eliminated in a ‘ritual expulsion of that which pollutes and defiles’.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.