- 1 c 1.1 (collection of water) charca (f) eyes like limpid pools ojos como lagos cristalinosMore example sentences1.2
(swimming pool)piscina (f), pileta (f) (RPl) , alberca (f) (esp Méx) (before n) pool attendant encargado, -da (m,f) de la piscina 1.3 (puddle) charco (m) a pool of blood un charco de sangre a pool of light un foco de luzMore example sentences
- The natural lake water interchanges with the pool area water, keeping it clean.
- If you're uncertain about your natural pool's water quality, have it tested.
- On a buttress above a chasm is a series of tiny terraces, and under a hefty lintel of rock in the cliff above, a cave shelters the natural pool of water that attracted people to live in such a place.
- When Michael opened the door, Raymond shot him and left him lying in a pool of blood.
- There they found him lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds to his face and body.
- A man was left lying in a pool of blood in a quiet residential street after being attacked and stabbed.
- 2 c (common reserve)(typing pool)sección (f) de mecanografía motor o (BrE) car pool parque (m) or (AmL tb) flota (f) de automóviles a pool of talent una reserva de talento pool of resources fuente (f) de recursos we each put some money in a pool todos pusimos dinero en un fondo comúnMore example sentences
- As the mess hall was closed, I ordered a motor pool car and driver for the other men to go in town for dinner, on me.
- This promotes language proficiency to at least the same level of attention and importance as being able to drive the unit's vehicle of choice out of the motor pool.
- Troopers on foot at a gallop or in cars would race to the motor pools.
- 3 c 3.1 (gambling stakes) pozo (m), bote (m) to scoop the pool (BrE) (in competition) barrer con or llevarse todos los premios (in card game) llevarse el pozo or el bote 3.2(pools pl)(BrE) football poolsMore example sentences
- The most popular forms of gambling were raffles, state lotteries, friendly wagers, casino gambling and office pools.
- Everyone pays a stake to the pool and nine cards are dealt to each player.
- At the start of the game, each player must pay the initial stake to the pool.
- 4 u (billiards) billar (m) americano, pool (m) to play o (AmE also) shoot pool jugar* al billar or al pool dirty pool (AmE) juego (m) sucio (before n) pool hall sala (f) de billar pool table mesa (f) de billarMore example sentences
- However, the hall will remain open on Thursday nights and Saturday nights during the summer for anyone who wants a game of pool, snooker or billiards.
- He took up snooker and eight ball pool, becoming good at both.
- However, cue games like billiards and pool exhibit that extreme sensitivity and instability highlighted by Maxwell.
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.