Translation of popularize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make popular) popularizar*, hacer* popularExample sentences1.2 (make accessible) divulgar*, vulgarizar*
- Oscillating universe ideas were popularized by atheists like the late Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov solely to avoid the notion of a beginning, with its implications of a Creator.
- First it was necessary to popularize the view of universities across the country as an unmitigated breeding ground for ‘terrorist thought.’
- Someone may form some sort of acting guild and spread or popularize it in the form of something like the samurai ‘cut-em-up’ film.
- Milton Erickson and his successors have popularized the more general and permissive approach that the authors term the ‘new hypnosis’.
- In many ways I think he's the new Stephen Jay Gould, synthesizing and popularizing complex scientific ideas.
- In many ways one can look at Wilkins's work as popularising the more technical writings of Mersenne.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...